Welcome Leadership Mississippi Alumni!
We value every single one of our 1,100 alumni throughout Mississippi. Leadership Mississippi graduates serve our state as top business executives, community leaders, and elected officials.
Our Leadership Mississippi alumni strive to provide opportunities to maintain connections amongst alumni, and give graduates the chance to network and maintain a relationship with our program throughout their professional careers.
We hope you will take advantage of the tools provided here to find other alumni, get involved with the program, and support our ongoing efforts to provide a great experience to our participants.
Become A VIP/Alumni Investor Today!
Lead·er·ship Miss·iss·ip·pi In·ves·tor (n.)
- an alumnus/alumna who successfully pays their $100 annual contribution
Lead·er·ship Miss·iss·ip·pi VIP In·ves·tor (n.)
- an alumnus/alumna who, in addition to their $100 annual contribution, sponsors at least one of the Leadership Mississippi session and/or events for the current class and/or alumni engagement
VIP/Alumni Investor Committees
As a VIP/Alumni Investor, you have the unique opportunity to assist and advise the Leadership Mississippi staff through one or more of the following alumni investor-only committees:
- Develops a communications calendar for the alumni base to inform alumni issues of importance related to the program
- Provides alumni the opportunity to share their perspectives and engage with the vast network of leaders across the state
- Revamps the Leadership Mississippi alumni website into an active portal for services & opportunities. Create methods to tell our story in engaging ways
Alumni Engagement Committee (Volunteerism)
- Deploys innovative and effective new ways to activate, engage, and recognize volunteers
- Develops effective traditions to recognize and celebrate volunteers Develops one-stop-shop for matching volunteers and opportunities Volunteers to host regional events
- Assists staff in the development of any alumni engagement surveys to gather contact info, demographics, desired benefits, communication preferences, volunteer interests or sponsorship interests
- Manages the fundraising/sponsorship efforts to grow the Leadership Mississippi Program including driving annual contribution/alumni investors which increase program revenue
- Develops effective ways to acknowledge sponsors and alumni investors
- Identifies, recruits and recommends candidates for Leadership Mississippi
- Coordinates an annual nomination process for prospective members including interest meetings ft. alumni testimonials and application overview
- Provides executive services and leadership to Leadership Mississippi and MEC’s Operating Boards
- Manages and supervises the business and affairs of Leadership Mississippi, its chair and staff
- Strengthens and build relationships with program participants and the alumni base
- Develops a clear pipeline for developing alumni committee members and recruiting them to serve respective committees
Marketing and Online Engagement Committee
- Builds and promotes the Leadership Mississippi image/brand
- Assists with marketing efforts, i.e. operation of Leadership Mississippi social media accounts and maintaining the Leadership Mississippi app
Alumni Events Committee
- Creates and submits for approval activities for Leadership Mississippi Alumni Engagement, including events to encourage the involvement of alumni in Leadership Mississippi and its programs
- Assists with the implementation of programs and recommend ideas for increasing attendance at alumni events
- Assists with the development of activities for alumni engagement
Communications and Technology Committee
- Assists with developing and implementing technology applications, social network activities, on-line services and electronic communications that support Leadership Mississippi
- Oversees smooth functionality of all technological components include virtual engagement, website troubleshooting, etc.
If you are interested in serving on any of the above VIP/Alumni Investor committees, email Cathy Northington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your continued contribution to Leadership Mississippi!
By giving your Annual Contribution, you'll support our efforts to enlighten and empower the next generation of Mississippi leaders. Your gift will help us continue to provide a great experience for participants in the Leadership Mississippi program.
Browse our Alumni Directory, where you can find old classmates or even look up graduates in your field, company, or city!
Leadership Mississippi has numerous fun and informative events for our Leadership Mississippi alumni each year.
Find an event close to you, and make sure you stop by and say hello!
Tell Us Your Leadership Mississippi Story