First Leadership Mississippi Coffee and Conversation Event Draws Alumni to State Capitol
Leadership Mississippi had great time at our recent "Coffee and Conversation" event at the Mississippi State Capitol! Dozens visited our booth on February 26, and were treated to delicious Cups coffee and sweets.
The next Leadership Mississippi alumni event will be a social hour at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson!
Leadership Mississippi Social Hour
April 30, 2020
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Rooftop at Old Capitol Inn, 226 N. State St., Jackson, MS
(5% of proceeds will be donated to Leadership Mississippi.)
We hope to see you there!
Leadership Mississippi Holds First Session of 2020 on February 6-7
The Leadership Mississippi Class of 2020 held its first session on February 6-7 at the Hilton Jackson.
The class underwent their program orientation and participated in a leadership development session with Chris Smith - CEO & Executive Coach of Experimental Development Group, LLC. On Friday, the class was guided through a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Session with Dr. Nika White - President & CEO of Nika White Consulting, LLC.
Special thanks to our session sponsor Butler Snow LLP!
Leadership Mississippi Announces Class of 2020
Forty-eight standout Mississippians have been selected for the 2020 Class of MEC’s Leadership Mississippi. Leadership Mississippi is an annual program of the Mississippi Economic Council conducted by the M.B. Swayze Foundation. Participants, selected by a committee of MEC’s Leadership Mississippi Alumni, work together in a training program that combines individual study, group sessions and project experience in using leadership skills. Leadership Mississippi is endowed through a generous contribution by the late J.C. and Annie Redd. J.C. Redd was Chairman of the Mississippi Economic Council in 1973-74 when the program began.
Leadership Mississippi is the second-oldest statewide leadership program in the nation. Since its inception in 1974, Leadership Mississippi has graduated more than 1,300 alumni active in Mississippi business and politics. Mississippi's top business executives, community leaders, and elected officials have participated in Leadership Mississippi as a way to expand their networks and possibilities for future success.
Those selected into the program include:
- Penney Ainsworth - President & CEO, Boys & Girls Club of Central MS
- Julia Bradley - Audit Manager, Harper, Rains, Knight & Company
- Dr. Suzana Brown - Executive VP of Institutional Advancement, MS Gulf Coast Community College
- Dr. Creston Burse - Executive IT Director, MINACT, Inc.
- Douglas Cunningham - Director- Program Planning/Production Control, Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Mathew Davidson - VP of Rates & Regulatory, Atmos Energy
- Kelvin Davis - Director of Student Business Services, Delta State University
- Marvin Dickey, Jr. - Special Projects Manager, Southern MS Planning & Development District
- Jeremy Erwin, MD - Chief Medical Director, Magnolia Health, Inc.
- Sharendra Evans - Director, The Workplace
- Aaron Foster - General Manager- Assembly Manufacturing, Toyota Motor North America
- Elissa Fulton - Communications Specialist, Electric Cooperatives of MS
- Hadley Eisenberger, Esq. - Inspector General/ Deputy Executive Director, MS Dept. of Human Services
- Dr. Pamela Gary - CEO, Central Mississippi, Inc.
- Shane Germany - Architect, Landry Lewis Germany Architects, PA
- Matthew Grice - Finance Director & Assistant Treasurer, Mississippi Power
- Veronica Haas - Human Resources Lead, Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Ritchie Hampton - Senior Vice President, BancorpSouth
- Joshua Hancock - Analyst, Entergy Mississippi, Inc.
- Leonette Henderson - Director of Development Partnerships, Higher Purpose Co.
- Donald Hinton, Jr. - Vice President/General Counsel, Cooperative Energy
- Aleesha Hudson - Region Analyst IV, Enbridge
- Michelle Kerr - Human Resources Manager, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Geoffrey Knesal - Sr. Project Manager, Roy Anderson Corp.
- Nicole Martz - Special Events and Promotions Manager, IP Casino Resort & Spa
- James Mayo - Executive VP & Chief Lending Officer, Community Bank
- Sarah Swanner-Medlock - Operations Manager, MS Band of Choctaw Indians
- Richie Moore - General Manager, Public Service Commission of Yazoo City
- Michael Mosher - Associate Director- Office of Technology Commercialization, The University of Mississippi
- Ceejaye Peters - Corporate Counsel, Yates Construction
- Kristi Plotner - Executive Director, MS Physician Health Program
- Andrew M. Ratcliffe, III - Facility Supervisor, 1108th TASMG
- Lakeisha White-Richardson, MD - Physician, Delta Regional Medical Center
- Annie Sanders - Founder/Director, Safe Haven Center for Domestic Violence
- Ann Sansing - Community Health Coordinator, Mississippi State University
- Dr. Tamala Boyd-Shaw - Founder/Executive Director, MS Delta Academies
- Dr. Mitchell Shears - Associate VP for Student Success/Executive Director of Title III, Jackson State University
- Kristen Smith - Communications/ Public Relations, Glass, Inc.
- Brad Stevens - President- Amory, Community Bank
- Laura Tinsley - Director of Preconstruction Services, Century Construction Group
- Dr. Scott Tollison - Provost/ VP for Academic Affairs, Mississippi University for Women
- Thomas Walker, Jr. - Partner, Jones Walker, LLP
- Ryan Warner - Senior Facility Engineer, Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Luke West - CEO, Relias Healthcare
- LaShetta Wilder - Bureau Director II of Re-entry and Pre-Release Services, MS Dept. of Corrections
- Bryce Yelverton - Consultant, Yelverton Consulting
Leadership Mississippi 2020 Sessions
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Leadership Mississippi Honors Class of 2019
MEC's Leadership Mississippi program was proud to recently honor our 53 graduates from the Class of 2019.
The Class of 2019 celebrated their completion of the program at a graduation ceremony held at the Westin Jackson on December 6, 2019. Participants completed five sessions in locations across Mississippi, including Jackson, Meridian, the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Cleveland, and Tupelo.
Leadership Mississippi is the second oldest statewide leadership program in the nation and is conducted by the M.B. Swayze Foundation. Since its inception in 1974, Leadership Mississippi has graduated more than 1,500 alumni active in Mississippi business and politics. Mississippi’s top business executives have participated in Leadership Mississippi as a way to expand their networks.
Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
LEADERSHIP MISSISSIPPI CLASS OF 2019
Michelle Accardi, NBCT
Joseph R. Beattie
Sandra R. Bitten
Sondia J. Christian
Kabah S. Ealy, Esq.
Felicity Ross Edwards
Bailey Robertson Fair
Gary W. Hodum
Adre' Charee Jordan
Angela Rose Juzang
James S. Kaigler, Jr.
Dr. Micca A. Knox
John Martin Lassiter, Sr.
Kirk J. Lewis
Leo E. Manuel
Dr. Tina Denise McDyess
Grant S. Montgomery
J. Russell Morrison
Derek D. Polk
Allilia L. Price
Dr. Temika Michael Simmons
Erin W. Smith, LMSW
Shelley Cresswell Walker