Learn more about the man whose Foundation helps fund our ALL-STAR Scholarships
STAR Program Important Dates
Education Celebration 2024
April 4, 2024
Clyde Muse Center
STAR Requirements and Education Celebration
The student must have an ACT score of at least 25 and an overall average of 93 or above in selected subjects in the ninth, tenth, eleventh, and first-semester twelfth grades. Visit the STAR website at www.msstarstudent.org for additional information on requirements on STAR Student and STAR Teacher. Only permanent record label ACT scores on file in the high school office are to be considered. WE DO NOT USE SUPER SCORES FOR THE STAR PROGRAM.
Your package MUST include the following documents:
- STAR Student Biographical Information Form (complete numerical grade column(s) – 2 semesters or 1 unit list final grade twice. One semester or one-half unit list final grade once).
- STAR Student Grade and Photo Release Form
- STAR Teacher Photo Release Form
- Photos of both STAR Student and STAR Teacher
Please send package to:
Attn: Vickie Powell
M.B. Swayze Educational Foundation
P. O. Box 23276
Jackson, MS 39225-3276
For additional information or questions Click Here.
The Education Celebration will take place on April 4th at the Clyde Muse Center in Pearl, MS. The facility is located at Clyde Muse Center 515 Country PL Parkway, Pearl, MS 39208. The students, teachers and their family, friends and guest will have an opportunity to celebrate. We will provide further information about the Educational Celebration as the date approaches.
Mark your Calendar with these important dates:
- February 4th Deadline for submitting STAR Student and STAR Teacher information (including photos for both student and teacher)
- March 4th Deadline for submission of attendee list from both student and Teacher
- April 4th STAR 2024 Education Celebration
Theme: Pathways to Success
For your convenience, you may download the attached STAR form and Student/Teacher Bio form from the STAR website at www.msstarstudent.org.
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION NEEDED
Lower Pearl River Valley Foundation, Maddox Foundation Support MEC’s STAR Program
Please click below for more information regarding the Lower Pearl River Valley Foundation and Maddox Foundation's support for MEC's Student-Teacher Achievement Recognition (STAR) Program award recipients from across the state.
The Mississippi Economic Council and its M.B. Swayze Foundation sponsor the Student-Teacher Achievement Recognition (STAR) Program in an effort to encourage scholastic achievement among the state's high school students. The STAR Program has two specific purposes:
- Emphasize scholastic excellence and encourage greater scholastic effort among Mississippi students.
- Recognition of the teaching profession.