MEC ANNUAL MEETING
Nearly 800 Attend MEC's 72nd Annual Meeting on April 21
The Mississippi Economic Council hosted our 72nd Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 21 at the Jackson Convention Complex.
Approximately 800 leaders attended the various activities throughout the day, which included four exciting and informative morning panels. The Annual Meeting luncheon was highlighted by appearances from the Mississippi Mass Choir, State Health Officer Thomas Dobbs, and Governor Tate Reeves.
Additionally, 2022-2023 MEC Chair Martin Williams assumed leadership from 2021-2022 MEC Chair Augustus L. Collins during the Annual Meeting Luncheon.
Growing Mississippi’s Economy: Filling In-Demand Jobs
- John McKay - President & CEO, Mississippi Manufacturers Association
- Tonya Moore – Founder & CEO, MooreNOW, LLC
- Michael Forster – Chair, Mississippi Coding Academies/President, Mississippi Codeworks, Inc.
- Moderator: Sha Walker – CEO, Jumpstart Test Prep
Technology Today: Protecting Your Company’s Information
- Jermicha Fomby – Special Agent in Charge, FBI Jackson Division
- Mike Skinner – Managing Partner of Cyber, Horne LLP
- Dr. David Shaw – Provost and Executive Vice President, Mississippi State University
- Moderator: Janet Parker – Director of Business Development and Marketing, Innovate Mississippi
Women Mentors: Drivers of Economic Growth
- Mea Ashley – Director of Student Life, The W.
- Amy Tate – Government Relations Manager, TVA
- Linda Waters – Manager of Public Affairs, Atmos Energy
- Macaulay Whitaker – Vice President of Talent and Culture, Burns Dirt
- Moderator: Rebecca Wiggs – Attorney, Butler Snow
Best Places to Work: Inside Look at Attracting and Retaining Talent
- Carolyn Boteler – Owner and President, TempStaff
- Jonathan Hollingshead – President and Owner, BCI
- Beth Tackett – Director of Human Resources, Viking Range
- Moderator: Tami Jones – Publisher, Mississippi Business Journal