MEC CAPITAL DAY
Over 1,000 business and community leaders and elected officials attended MEC's Capital Day on January 10, 2019 at the Jackson Marriott and the Mississippi State Capitol.
MEC Capital Day outlined MEC's legislative agenda, and state officials gave an overview of their top legislative priorities.
Featured speakers highlighted the importance of early childhood education and why it matters to both child development and our state's workforce.
- Governor Phil Bryant
- Lt. Governor Tate Reeves
- Speaker of the House Philip Gunn
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann
- Senate Education Chair Gray Tollison
- House Education Chair Richard Bennett
- MEC Chair Dan Rollins
- Katharine B. Stevens, Ph.D. - American Enterprise Institute
- Rhea Williams-Bishop, Ph.D. - W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Caitlin Codella - U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Center for Education and Workforce
- Laurie Smith, Ph.D. - Mississippi State Workforce Investment Board
Capital Day 2019 Photos