MEC CAPITAL DAY
More Than 1,000 Leaders Attend MEC Capital Day 2020
More than 1,000 business and community leaders and elected officials attended MEC's Capital Day on January 9, 2020 at the Downtown Jackson Convention Center Hotel (formerly Jackson Marriott) and the Mississippi State Capitol.
MEC Capital Day outlined MEC's legislative agenda, and newly-elected state officials gave an overview of their top legislative priorities.
Capital Day speakers included:
- Governor-elect Tate Reeves
- Lt. Governor-elect Delbert Hosemann
- Speaker of the House Philip Gunn
- Secretary of State-elect Michael Watson
- Speaker Pro Tempore of the House of Representatives
- President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Capital Day 2020 Photos
Capitalizing on Differences Panel
Moderator: Cathy Northington
Chief Operating Officer, Mississippi Economic Council
Capitalizing on Our Differences: A Strategic Priority for Business Success & Community Growth
Attracting a skilled, qualified workforce is a priority for all business. Today’s workforce is diverse in age, race and gender. Recognizing and capitalizing on the substantial demographic shifts will lead to a diverse and inclusive workplace, creating a culture of success that allows personal and professional growth for employees and economic prosperity for businesses and communities throughout Mississippi.
- Ed Johnson - Atmos Energy
- Kimberly Nastasi - Ingalls Shipbuilding
- LaKeysha Issac - President, Junior League of Jackson
- Brandt Galloway - Galloway-Chandler-McKinney Insurance
- Judd Wilson - Community Development Foundation