(Jackson, Miss.) – The City of Jackson’s Jobs for Jacksonians program is proud to announce they will host a comprehensive Workforce Development Summit at the Jackson State University E-Center on Thursday, Oct. 20.
The vision of the summit is to create vibrant economic outcomes that lead to a better quality of life. Panelists will focus on education, and public, private and nonprofit partnerships.
“I’d like to express my appreciation to Jobs for Jacksonians for holding this summit,” said Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba. “This is a great way to get key decision makers together to forge lasting partnerships and have a fruitful discussion.”
The summit aims to serve as a preeminent networking event and foster new working partnerships among event attendees who want to be innovative about their respective processes.
Panelists will discuss the relevant issues of the day that affect our communities and how those issues can be rectified.
Please see the summit agenda below:
8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. – Registration opens
9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Opening remarks
9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Panel 1 Discussion Theme: Fostering Partnerships among the Four Pillars of Workforce Development
- Moderator, Othor Cain – Director of Strategic Programs and Media Operations, Boys and Girls Club of Central Mississippi
- Panelist, Sammy Moon – Executive Director, Mississippi Alliance for Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Panelist, State Sen. Sollie Norwood, District 28, Mississippi State Legislature
- Panelist, Willie Jones – President and CEO, Dependable Source Corporation
- Panelist, Dr. Errick Greene, Superintendent, Jackson Public School District
10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. – Panel 2 Discussion Theme: Strengthening Pipelines that Inspire Innovative Solutions
- Moderator, Alice Tisdale – Publisher Emeritus, The Jackson Advocate
- Panelist, Bill Ashley – Director of Business Research and Workforce Development, Mississippi Development Authority
- Panelist, Tamika Jenkins – Executive Director, Hinds County Economic Development Authority
- Panelist, Kell Smith – Interim Executive Director, Mississippi Community College Board
- Panelist, Donte Jones, Chief HOPE Officer, Magnolia Corporation
12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Keynote Speaker – Jeff Good, President, Mangia Bene Restaurant Management Group
12:45 to 1 p.m. Closing remarks.
For more information, contact Jobs for Jacksonian-Workforce Development – Jonathan Barnett at (601) 960-0377.