You can help us reach state leaders about this important issue! Here is an opportunity for you to voice your support for streamlined and better funded workforce training. You can do this in seconds without leaving your desk.
Workforce Development is VITAL to putting Mississippi in the place of greatest opportunity. Currently, Mississippi has “red tape” around workforce training dollars that prevent our great state from being truly competitive in bringing new industry and business to our communities and in helping existing companies expand and meet their workforce training needs.
Thanks to Governor Phil Bryant and the Mississippi Legislature, the focus has turned to improving our state’s workforce training system using HB 911 and SB 2457 as the roadmap for finding the best path forward.
MEC asks that you help voice your support for this program, which:
- Encourages our state elected officials to continue on this path to streamlining our workforce system;
- Provides a pool of $50 million over two years in targeted funds by reallocating surplus revenues from our unemployment compensation fund to put our citizens to work;
- Allows Mississippi to respond to workforce training needs rapidly and with sufficient dollars to make a difference.
Your voice WILL BE HEARD. MEC will:
- Send a copy of your response, along with scores of other responses, to key legislative leaders.
- Add your response to the ceremonial “Ribbon of Red Tape.”
- Bind responses from business leaders from every corner of the state in volumes, sort them by county, and distribute them to legislative leaders.
- This will demonstrate the strong interest of the business community on this important issue.
- You can reach state leaders about this important issue in LESS THAN 30 SECONDS without leaving your desk!
Your support is already taller than the Capitol Dome and is now as tall as the Sillers Building!