Fill out the form below to put YOUR support behind transportation infrastructure funding. You will find an example of what your legislator will receive below. Once you complete the form, your information will fill in the blank spaces (example – <YOUR NAME> will become John Doe, etc.).
Please take a moment to fill out the form and show your support for this important issue!
<YOUR NAME> of <YOUR COUNTY> County appreciates the ongoing emphasis Mississippi Legislators are putting on improving our roads and bridges.
Dear Mississippi Legislator,
Independent Research shows that a minimum of $375 million annually is needed to deal with the most pressing needs for our state and local transportation systems.
Since the AHEAD four-lane highway program of 1987:
- Mississippi built over 1,000 miles of new 4-lane roads
- Total vehicle miles traveled in Mississippi are up 90 percent
- However, annual funding for roads has increased only 1.6% since 1987, while inflation is up 108% and construction costs are up 217%.
We MUST act and protect our investment.
Excelerate Mississippi Recommendations Would:
- Help fix crumbling state roads and bridges
- Enable counties and cities to put additional resources toward fixing crumbling roads and bridges
- Create 7,000 jobs annually throughout Mississippi
YOUR VOTE TO SUPPORT ADDITIONAL FUNDING FOR TRANSPORTATION WILL MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE AND HELP ENSURE A SAFE AND RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM IN MISSISSIPPI
LET’S ENSURE SAFER ROADS, STRONGER BRIDGES AND A GROWING ECONOMY
<YOUR MESSAGE> * – Optional
<YOUR COMPANY> * – Optional
<YOUR COUNTY> County