Mississippi Scholars Tech Master
Mississippi Tech Master Students are preparing for their future careers. Employers are concerned with ensuring that both potential and incumbent employees have the skills necessary to thrive in today’s workplace.
Current MDE Career Pathway Track – Academic Course of Study:
(4 Credits) English
*(3 Credits) Math
- Algebra I
- Math above Algebra I (Course has to be related to program of study)
(3 Credits) Science
- Biology I
- 2 courses above Biology I
(3 Credits) Social Studies
- American History
- MS Studies
(1 Credit) Computer
(½ Credit) Health or PE
(2.5) Electives of your program of study
- 4 CTE Credits in the same area of study
- Must have 21 minimum credits – students can go the 21 or 24 credit route allowing time for internship
Additional Requirements for Recognition of Mississippi Scholars Tech Master Listed Below:
- 40 hours of community or volunteer service during high school for seniors graduating in 2018-2021 (80 hours for seniors graduating in 2022 and later)
- Minimum of 18 ACT composite score (overall score) for seniors graduating in 2018-2021 (19 for seniors graduating in 2022 or later) or Minimum 36 ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test) or Silver Level WorkKeys
- 2.5 high school GPA
- 95% school attendance during high school years
- No out-of school suspension
- Must attain a passing score, as established by the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE), on the Mississippi Career Planning and Assessment System (CPAS2) or a passing score on an MDE approved industry certification assessment.
Mississippi Scholars Tech Master must complete any remaining State-Mandated high school graduation requirements. Dual credit courses are acceptable.
*Flexibility to tailor courses to area of interest.