Leadership Mississippi Applications Are Now Closed
Who Should Apply?
Leadership Mississippi welcomes applicants who are corporate level leaders, executives, emerging leaders, community leaders and new-to-Mississippi leaders who are interested in learning more about Mississippi and the issues that impact our state. Our goal is to develop and maintain a network of Mississippians committed to improving the quality of life in our state. Ideal candidates are those who are passionate not only about their communities but about Mississippi and its success. Even if you have participated in your local leadership program, Leadership Mississippi offers an opportunity for you to expand your knowledge of how local and state issues impact community development.
Participation in Leadership Mississippi is determined by a competitive application process with the number of applicants far exceeding the number of available openings. A selection committee will carefully review all Leadership Mississippi applications. The committee is particularly interested in the extent to which the applicant has been involved in his/her community and in the applicant’s interest in continuing and/or expanding involvement at home and on a broader scale.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated history of:
• Positions with a company or an organization which show a progression toward leadership or management.
• Significant achievement or accomplishments in career or community service.
• Status or position with company or organization.
• Work experience or other experience indicative of involvement in one or more areas of business, community, civic or government service.
• Additional consideration will be given to senior level leaders of organizations and graduates of local-based leadership programs.
Leadership Mississippi seeks to have class diversity among all ethnic groups, ages, genders, professions, backgrounds and geographic areas of the state. Nomination Forms for the next class may be submitted at any time. Nominations or applications submitted after a new class has been selected will be held until the application process for the next class of Leadership Mississippi begins. Those interested in applying are not required to have a third party nomination. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Class of 2019