Click Here for a Full List of Sponsors
Join Governor Phil Bryant and the Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Business Group On Health, Mississippi Development Authority & Mississippi State Medical Association for the Governor’s Health Care Economic Development Summit on Thursday, August 16 at the Jackson Convention Complex!
“This year’s Summit will showcase how we have been engaging the business and medical communities in the common goals of growing the healthcare industry in Mississippi to increase access, improve outcomes and create more employment and economic opportunities for residents.”
Phil Bryant, Governor, State of Mississippi
Leaders from multiple healthcare industries and economic development fields will discuss Mississippi’s great opportunities and how to position healthcare in our state as an economic driver.
- Each new doctor creates an economic impact of approximately 2 million dollars for his or her community. This indeed is economic development.
- Collaboration of all health care providers is the only way to achieve success.
- We must heal together, research together, and find better ways to serve our citizens together.
There is no cost to attend for individual attendees.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE – AUGUST 9
We hope to see you there!
Governor’s Health Care Summit Agenda
* – Agenda as of July 13 – Subject to Change
7:30 am – Registration
8:15 am – Dr. J. Clay Hays, Jr – Welcome and Introductions
8:30 am – Governor Bryant – Welcome
9:00 am – Darin Buelow/ Deloitte Consulting LLP – Economic Development Discussion
9:30 -10:30 am – Collaborative Workforce/ Workforce Readiness Panel – Dr. James Turner – Moderator
- Dr. James Young – Cleveland Clinic
- Joe Ochipinti – United Healthcare
- Kim Hoover – UMMC
10:30- 10:45 am – Break
10:45 – 11:45 am – Employer Panel – Murray Harber
- Edmond Hughes – Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Billy Sims – Southern Farm Bureau
- Jim Brown – Trustmark
11:45 am – 12:15 pm – Dr. Barbara McAneny – President of the American Medical Association
12:15 pm – Lunch with Invocation by Sister Dorothea Sondgeroth
12:20 pm – Presentation of Economic Impact Study
12:30 pm – Dr. Ben Carson – National Healthcare Featured Speaker