South Mississippi Hurricane Relief Resources
Local Emergency Management Agencies for South Mississippi:
- Jackson County: 228-769-3111
- George County: 601-947-7557
- Hancock County: 228-255-0942
- Harrison County: 228-865-4002
- Stone County: 601-928-3077
- Pearl River County: 601 795 3058
Volunteer Resource Center
A Volunteer Resource Center has been set up in the Knight Nonprofit Center, located at 1975 Seaway Road in Gulfport, to assist people with unmet needs due to the storm. The Volunteer Resource Center is assisting the Harrison County Emergency Operations Center with organizing volunteers and donations. They are helping to address unmet needs of individuals and families. Anyone in need of assistance is asked to call 211, which is a statewide call-in system. Those calls will be referred back to United Way of South Mississippi. Volunteer efforts from organizations coming in to assist the Coast are also going through this center. Organizations that plan to come into the state should contact the Gulf Coast Hub at 228-265-7910 or online at www.gulfcoasthub.org. They will help coordinate the logistics to connect volunteers with organizations and families who are in need.
Hancock Whitney will be distributing ice on Friday at four of its locations beginning at 9 a.m. Two bags per vehicle is the limit. The South Mississippi locations are: 533 Courthouse Rd, Gulfport, MS and 601 US-90, Bay St. Louis. They will also serve a hot lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Courthouse Road and Bay St. Louis locations for the entire community while supplies last.
MEMA will begin opening distribution sites for food, water, tarps, and other assistance on Saturday across the Gulf Coast. Once the location of those sites is made available, we will update this story with that information.
US Chamber of Commerce Resources
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Community Resilience and Disaster Response program is closely monitoring these storms and they approach the Gulf Coast.
Please feel free to use the resources below provided by the US Chamber:
- Disaster Help Desk for Business—Businesses and chambers can call 1-888-My-Biz-Help (888-692-4943) for direct support from disaster recovery experts.
- Resilience in a Box—Resource guide based on best practices designed to help educate business leaders on disaster preparedness and business resilience.
- Disaster Recovery Quick Guides—made possible by Shell, has tailored tips for small businesses and chambers looking to prepare and recover.