More Than 2,000 Attend MEC’s
69th Annual Meeting
330 STAR Students Honored at Education Celebration – Most in Program History
More than 2,000 business community leaders and STAR Students attended the MEC Annual Meeting, held on April 12, 2018, at the Jackson Convention Complex.
This year, 330 STAR Students were honored at the Education Celebration, held in conjunction with MEC’s Annual Meeting. Nearly 1,400 parents, students, and teachers were in attendance as MEC celebrated and honored Mississippi’s best and brightest students.
Click Here for More Information on the Education Celebration
The day began with two morning panels on Mississippi Tech & Innovation and Workforce Training that Works. Panelists included:
Mississippi Tech & Innovation Panel Panelists:
- Carla Lewis – CIO – C Spire
- Tony Jeff – President & CEO – Innovate Mississippi
- Stephanie Rippee – Attorney – Watkins & Eager
- Bailey Fair – Attorney – Watkins & Eager
- Gerard Gibert – CEO – Venture Technologies
Workforce Training That Works Panelists:
- Amy Tate – Manager, Valley Relations – Tennessee Valley Authority
- Edmond Hughes – Vice President, Human Resources & Administration – Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Denny Terrell – President – Ivey Mechanical Company
At MEC’s 69th Annual Meeting luncheon,Dan Rollins, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of BancorpSouth, took the helm as 2018-2019 MEC Chair from 2017-2018 Chair William Yates III, President & CEO of W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Company. The meeting featured a performance by Ballet Mississippi and a highlight on the International Ballet Competition, held every four years at Jackson’s Thalia Mara Hall. Governor Phil Bryant gave a highlight on Mississippi’s economy and praised our innovation and progress, while keynote speaker Peyton Holland motivated the crowd and gave some insight on motivating your company’s workforce and highlighted the need for skilled jobs.